Monday, February 5, 2007

What I had for dinner

With so much food in front of me I had no idea what to eat first. What grabbed my attention right away was the beef with veggies that my mom had made. Its aroma attracted my attention right away when I sat down to have dinner. As the beef slid into my mouth, the juices that were cooked with the beef and veggies immediately started dripping down my mouth, and I could feel its flavors just bursting in my mouth. To accompany the beef I added some rice which doubled its taste. The rice along with the beef and its juices was perfect. It was like the perfect combination, almost like Oreo cookies with milk right before bed. I tried some of the veggies that my mom cooked along with the beef, and at first when I put it in my mouth, the taste was kind of rough, almost a slight bitterness to it. But as I worked it in with some more rice, and a piece of beef here and there, it started to cooperate. I began to notice that it was a good combination to include the veggies with the beef. As I started to make my way to the second dish my mom made, scrambled eggs stir fried with cucumbers – thinly sliced. It might sound weird at first but the taste is incredible. As I slid the first piece in I could feel the saltiness that was added right before the eggs were fully cooked. I could feel the salt particles just melt on my tongue and make its way down my throat. The cucumbers gave it a nice crunch and a new texture to it. It was kind of a good balance overall. The saltiness from the eggs and also its fluffiness, and the crunch the cucumbers give when you take that bite to it. When the rice was incorporated along with the eggs and cucumbers, it was easier to wash it down. The third dish was kind of my parent’s dish. It was eggplants. I’m not a huge fan of eggplants based on its taste and the texture you get when you first take a bite. When you take a bite you taste the skin right away and it’s very rough and bitter at times. I saved that for my parents and ate everything else. To wash everything down, I drank a glass of orange juice, which was very satisfying. As I eat, I tend to gobble everything up and don’t chew as much as I should, but the sweetness from the orange juice just washes everything down. As soon as the juice hits my lips and tongue it send my taste buds into overdrive. That should be enough for the Phenomenological Descriptions. Its time to finish up dinner.

No comments: