Thursday, February 8, 2007

Cooking Directions?

For dinner I decided to cook pasta along with some pasta sauce I have on hand. First I took a big pot and filled it up with about 3 cups of water. I let it come up to a boil first where I put in about a pinch or so of salt in it to give it a greater flavor. I then added long spaghetti noodles to it. The pasta was too long for the pot so what I did was I broke up the top where it wasn’t submerged in the boiling water and then just throw in the broken pieces. About 10 minutes or so I went back to my pot to check on my pasta and was just about done, so I turned off the fire but I left the pasta in the hot water to let it cook just for a little while longer. When the pasta was just about done for me I took a big strainer placed it over the sink and began pouring the boiling water out of the pot slowly so that I would not burn myself. As I was pouring the water out I noticed one other thing that could be a dangerous hazard to people. Although the water was poured out slowly, the steam rose up quickly. So a note to people is for them to pour the water slowly and also avoid the face from the pot.

When all the water and pasta was strained out I shook the strainer a few times just to get the excess water out. I poured it out onto a plate put some of the pasta sauce I had on hand and grated some cheese right on top and enjoyed it!

No comments: